1) Adult Learning Groups
Our wide variety of Adult Learning Groups are held weekly throughout the year, and you are welcome to start attending at any time! Check the online calendar  or call 708-795-8000 ext 3044 for the current schedule.
- Citizenship Study Group (^)
- Computer Use
- ESL Study Groups (*) - Beginner & Intermediate
- ESL Basic Writing (*)
- Open Tutoring (* ^) - Math, Reading, Writing, GED & Placement Testing
Our informal small group tutoring is offered in a drop-in format. Students may start attending at any time of the year; placement tests may be required on the day of first attendance. Groups are led by library staff members and volunteer tutors from our community .
Technology in all of our groups is made possible through a grant from the American Library Association and the Dollar General Literacy Foundation. Many thanks to the Friends of the Berwyn Public Library for their ongoing support.
2) Online Learning
Transparent Language Online  is a unique application that bridges the gap between learning a language online and using that language in the real world by allowing users to do both in one program. It features a scientifically-proven methodology, a wide variety of high-quality learning material, and seamless integration of real-life language use by native speakers - all packaged together in an easy-to-use interface that can be accessed at any time and from any computer with Internet access.
Gale Courses  (formerly called Learn4Life) offers a wide range of highly interactive, instructor led courses that you can take entirely online. As a Berwyn library card holder you are entitled to these courses at no cost. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month.
Brainfuse: HelpNow  offers thousands of lessons, quizzes, tests and subjects to explore, including state-aligned skills building, test preparation and writing assistance. Have a difficult homework question or need help mastering a concept? Get one-on-one help with an online tutor every day after school. Includes tutoring for Spanish speakers.
3) GED® Testing
We offer PearsonVUE GED® testing here at the Berwyn Public Library. You can find information about PearsonVUE GED® testing here . It includes all the basic information about the GED®, including cost and additional requirements specific to our state.
You can find us at the Berwyn Public Library, 2701 S. Harlem Ave., Berwyn, IL 60402
- Note: There are two parking lots on opposite sides of Riverside Drive. The library is also accessible by Pace Bus Route 307. The entrance to the library is located in the back of the building and faces the parking lot on the west side of Riverside Dr. The testing center is on the 2nd floor of the Library in Learning Lab 2. Check in at the AudioVisual desk on the 2nd floor and take a seat in the Literacy Center. Your proctor will call your name when ready. There is only one testing station at this facility. Testing hours are provided Tuesday through Saturday, from 2-4 p.m. When scheduling your test, if you don't see the Library as an option it means that someone has already registered for that day. Try changing your date if this is your preferred location.
There are fewer locations for the constitution test than the GED® test itself. You can find a list of the locations with contact information here , and an online study guide is available here . We recommend taking your test at Malcolm X College, because they have drop in testing:
- Mondays, Wednesdays at 1 pm. Arrive 15 min. early for check in. Bring a non-expired photo ID with IL address.
- Malcolm X College, 1900 West Van Buren Street, Chicago IL 60612 (773) 850-7277
Study help and materials specifically for the GED® are available here. Visit the library, call the library at (708) 749-6328, or send an email to email@example.com for more information.