We offer Small Business Library Cards for Berwyn Businesses!
Businesses located in Berwyn are eligible for one free library card per business. The Business applicant must verify Berwyn ownership by showing either FEIN certification or City of Berwyn licensure. Business library cards will only be valid at the Berwyn Public Library.
Then, use the following links to help plan, develop and market a small business, and visit the Library for additional print resources.
Writing a Business Plan
- How to Write a Business Plan - from the U.S. Small Business Administration
- Publications and Business Guides - from the IL Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
Online Berwyn Library Resources
Available to all within the library; resident or business library card required to access outside library
- Business Source Premier
- Regional Business News
- Gale Virtual Reference
- The Small Business Association Online Learning Center
Including full-text books on business related topics like management, writing business plans, and e-commerce
Resources to Start a Business
- Guide to Small Business Ownership - tips on starting and financing
- Illinois Legal Aid -- How Do I Start My Own Small Business?
- Illinois Worknet -- Links to starting and funding a business
- Step-by-Step Guide - from the IL Department of Commerce
- ThomasNet -- Supplier discovery and product sourcing; find local area suppliers
- Small Business Nation -- from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Small Business Administration -- Steps to Starting a Business
- Discover Business -- Help with Business Plans
Forms And Tax Information
- Application for an IRS Employer Identification Number (EIC)
- Corporate Tax Information - from the IRS
- Illinois Business Forms - from the IL Department of Revenue
- Illinois Business Tax Forms - from the IL Department of Revenue
Illinois Professional Licensing
- IL Department of Financial and Professional Regulation - List of professions regulated by the IDFPR
- IL Department of Labor - Licenses and Permits
Local and Area Business Resources
Established in 1983, the Berwyn Development Corporation (BDC) is a public-private partnership with the City of Berwyn that provides economic development and Chamber of Commerce services to all segments of the Berwyn community. A not-for-profit membership organization that serves over 300 business and individual members, the BDC focuses its efforts on those activities that will improve the overall climate for local businesses and residents, in addition to encouraging the development of new commercial venues and employment opportunities. The BDC continually strives to develop new programs, services and events that promote Berwyn businesses and the community. For more information, visit the BDC website or follow them on facebook and twitter.